Mirabelle Jones has presented as key note and visiting artist lecturer at universities across the country including: Syracuse University, the School of the Arts Institute Chicago, Rhode Island School of Design, Maryland Institute College of the Arts and many more. As the founder of Art Against Assault and an interdisciplinary artist spanning many forms, they have lectured on a wide variety of subjects including:
- Gender Violence and Technology
- Immersive Experiences and Interdisciplinary Art (they are currently an artist technologist for Meow Wolf)
- Street Harassment
- Performance Art, Book Art, and Interactive Arts
- Sensors and Wearable Robotics
- Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Awareness
- Gender and Racial Bias in Computer Vision
- The Business of Art: Portfolios, Residencies, and Grant Applications
- How to Boost the Volume on Social Justice Issues Using Art, Performance, and Creativity
Their work has been featured in numerous books about street harassment and their performances have received praise in the Huffington Post, .Mic, Refinery29, Ms. Magazine, Bustle, and more.
If you are interested in having them visit your college, university, convention, or organization as a guest speaker, please send an email with more information.